For our customers located in France, Probion Analysis is authorized in accordance with the French plan “Crédit Impôt Recherche” (CIR). Please see the French section for further details.
We consider all types of semiconducting, metallic or insulating solid sample. In order to obtain optimal analysis conditions, an ideal sample should preferably have:
- A plane surface,
- a size >5mm (ideally 6 to 8mm for a SIMS analysis),
- a smooth surface (ideally an optical quality polishing).
However, we can develop specific processes to analyse a broad range of samples: rough metallic samples, sub-mm samples (200µm LED chips) …
Unless otherwise stated, we will cut out any sample to the optimal size for analysis (typically 6-8mm). The maximum size supported for SIMS analysis is 24mm.
Analysis can also be performed on specific areas of patterned samples (typical width 50 to 300µm). In such cases, it can be necessary that several locations are available for analysis. This is especially important if different analysis conditions are required from a given area.
- Silicon and alloys: Si, SiGe, SiC …
- Insulators: SiO2, Si3N4, SiOP …
- Metals: copper, gold, nickel, titanium, palladium, tungsten …
- III-V: GaAs, AlGaAs, InP, GaInAs, AlInAs, GaInP …
- Nitrides: GaN, InGaN, AlGaN …
- II-VI: CdTe, HgCdTe, ZnS, ZnO …
- Diamond, glasses …
- Dynamic SIMS (Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry)
- ECVP (Electrochemical Capacitance Voltage Profiling)
- XPS or ESCA (X-ray Photo-electron Spectrometry, Electron Spectrometry for Chemical Analysis)
- ToF-SIMS (Time Of Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry)
- RBS (Rutherford Backscattering Spectrometry)
- FIB and TEM (Focused Ion Beam, Transmission Electron Microscopy)
The following list is non-exhaustive:
- Thin films profiles (thickness 1nm to 100µm)
- Diffusion and interdiffusion profiles
- Doping measurement in semiconductors
- Electrical activation of dopants
- Thicknesses measurements
- Substrates contaminations (<1ppm)
- Layers contaminations
- Interfaces contaminations
- Extreme surface contaminations
- Alloys composition
- Isotopic abundance
- Ionic imaging (width 500µm, resolution 2µm)
- Mass spectra
We process the raw analysis data and we provide the useful graphs and numerical data accompanied with an analysis report.
The standard delivery time is 5 working days from the samples receipt. In case of urgency, it can be reduced to 24 hours at your request.
We will be happy to respond any questions after the delivery of the results. Samples are sent back upon request only, the service is charged. If the samples return is not asked, samples are stored during one month at least, and then they may be destroyed without any notice.
We guarantee complete confidentiality of results and information supplied. We will sign an NDA if required.